- update to 2.13.0:
* The 'COLR' v1 API is now considered as stable.
* For OpenType Variable Fonts, `avar` table format 2.0 is now
supported. The code was contributed by Behdad Esfahbod.
Note that this is an extension supported on recent Apple platforms
and by HarfBuzz, but not yet in the OpenType standard! See
for the specification. To deactivate it, define the configuration
* A new API `FT_GlyphSlot_Slant` to slant a glyph by a given angle
has been added. Note that this function is part of `ftsynth.h`,
which is still considered to be in alpha stage.
* TrueType interpreter version 38 (also known as 'Infinality') that
was first introduced about 10 years ago in FreeType 2.4.11 is now
deprecated and slated to be removed in the next version. TrueType
interpreter version 40 has been FreeType's default version for six
years now and provides an excellent alternative. This is the last
FreeType version with TT_INTERPRETER_VERSION_38 and
TT_INTERPRETER_VERSION_40 treated differently.
* The only referenced but never documented configuration macro
`FT_CONFIG_OPTION_NO_GLYPH_NAMES` has been removed.
* To avoid reserved identifiers that are globally defined, the
auto-hinter debugging macros (which are only available if
`FT_DEBUG_AUTOFIT` is defined)